Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jamie's Awesome Realist Pastel Art:

I drew a realistic coloured picture of Aidan using pastel. We moved our desks in front of each other so we could see each other easily. I used my hatching techniques and I had to look real hard at Aidan so I could get it looking realistic. I enjoyed doing it, it was fun!

We have been studying Leonardo da Vinci and how he used the Realism style so we made a realistic picture of each other copying his techniques. Da Vinci was really really really smart and I want to be at least an 1/8th as smart as him! At home we are studying our maths to get ourselves really good at maths like da Vinci.

I noticed that I didn't have to rub out the proportion lines, because the pastel made them invisible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jamie! That is quite a realistic picture you have done!
    It is great to see some of the fantastic quality art your class is doing on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete